Force deploying the Netop Vision Student (App) and Netop Vision Student Extension is the recommended way to put the app and extension on the student machines. This prevents the students from removing the app and preventing them from being monitored.
To force deploy the Vision for Chromebook Application and Extension, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to your Google Admin console and sign in.
2. Click on 'Devices'.
3. Click 'Chrome Management' on the left.
4. Click on 'Apps & extensions'.
5. Select the Organizational Unit (OU) you wish to deploy the Netop Vision App/Ext to.
6. Once the OU is selected, Click the yellow '+' button and choose Chrome icon 'Add from Chrome Web Store'.
7. In the right hand corner of the pop up in the 'Search the Store' field, type 'Netop Vision'.
8. Click on Select to the right of Netop Vision Student Extension.
- Choose 'Force Install'
- Click 'Save' in the top right corner
9. Repeat steps 7 & 8 but choose Netop Vision Student Application.
- If you want to deploy the Teacher application to Teachers who use Chromebooks, select the Teacher Application and follow steps 5 - 8.
10. The App/Ext will show up once the Teacher/Student logs out and back into the Chromebook
If you have issues with Force deploying the apps follow the steps from Google, or contact Netop Support.
There is also an example in the video below: