Browser extensions are required on Windows and Mac devices to provide the following features in Impero Classroom.
- Internet Access – Teachers can disable internet access in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
- Website Lists – Teachers can enforce allow and block website lists in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
- Close Tab – Teachers can view open browser tabs lists and close open tabs in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
Browser extensions are available for the following browsers.
Instructions for mass deploying browser extensions to Windows devices can be found at the following link:
Installation - Chrome (Web Store)
1. When using Chrome, click here to install the Chrome browser extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2. Click on Add to Chrome and Add extension.
Installation - Edge (Microsoft Edge Add-ons)
1. When using Edge, click here to install the Edge browser extension from Microsoft Edge Add-ons.
2. Click on Get and Add Extension.
3. A dialog warning box may appear, Allow
Installation - Force install with Microsoft Group Policy
Select the options that match your default browser.
Download the Google Administrative Templates from the following link
Download the Edge Administrative Templates from the following link
It is then necessary that you fill out the required fields and click on the "GET POLICY FILES" button
Open Group Policy Management
Create a new GPO for the policy (or add to an existing policy)
Right-click on your GPO, and select “Edit”.
You then see the “Group policy management Editor” window.
Expand the Computer/User configuration tree on the left-hand side, depending on how you wish to configure your policy.
Right-click on “Administrative templates” and select “Add/Remove Templates”.
Click on “Add”.
Browse to the templates you downloaded earlier, and open the “chrome.adm” template that is relevant to your operating system and Language.
Browse to the templates you downloaded in step 2 and open the “msedge.adm” template that is relevant to your operating system and Language.
Once uploaded, expand to the following path (may vary depending on your OS) on the left of the Group policy management editor:
“Computer/User configuration > Policies > Administrative templates > Classic administrative templates > Google > Google Chrome > Extensions”
“Computer/User configuration > Policies > Administrative templates > Classic administrative templates > Microsoft Edge > Extensions > ”
On the right-hand side, select the “Configure the list of force-installed extensions” option for Chrome
On the right-hand side, select the “Control which extensions are installed silently” option for Edge
Right-click and select “Edit”.
Mark the “Enabled” button.
Click on the “Show…” button.
Under the “Value” column, enter the following:
For Google Chrome
For Microsoft Edge
(NOTE: Make sure you have no blank spaces in the Value Box Below.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.