This article covers the enrollment of a macOS device in the Edlink platform using the URL provided. This method of enrollment is especially useful when trialing Edlink and wanting to get a device enrolled quickly. As a URL is required, this method can be used to enroll devices one by one. It shouldn't take longer than a few seconds to get the device enrolled.
Follow the steps below for detailed instructions on how to enroll a macOS device using a URL:
1. Navigate to Devices > Add new school device from the menu bar on the left. Click on Add new school device.
2. On the “Add new school device” screen, select the macOS tab as shown below:
3. Open the Safari browser on the device and enter the URL provided. This is a unique URL for the school and can be used to enroll all devices using this enrollment method. Click Enter when the URL has been inserted and you should see the message on the screenshot below.
3.1. You should also see this popup on the top right of your device please move onto step 4.
4. Go to the System Preferences and select Profiles.
5. On the Profiles page, click Install.
6. A prompt to allow installation will pop up. Click the Install button to proceed with the installation.
7. After the installation, it should show that your MDM Profile is “Unverified" please do not worry this is due to how Apple is
categorizing MDMs due to the level of access they open up.
8. On the Edlink dashboard, navigate to the Devices > All Devices tab to view the list of devices, and the enrolled device will be in that list if the enrollment process was successful.
To check this, the user can see in the “Type” column for the enrollment icon:
If this icon appears then the device is now enrolled.