The Connection Manager is a component in the Portal that serves as a meeting hub for the Impero Guests and Hosts and manages the connections between the modules.
We are constantly improving the Portal and add new features. As such a new Connection Manager was developed.
An old Connection Manager is maintained for certain accounts and no longer receives development support or benefits from newly added features.
A member of the support team can switch the account after the following conditions are met.
- 12.77 or above for Impero Guests and Hosts for Windows
- 12.79 or above for Impero Host for Linux and macOS
Benefits of the new Connection Manager
Some of them are:
- Increased stability
Improvements are made to the Connection Manager, resulting in fewer disconnects and improved connectivity between the Guest and Host modules.
- Enhanced security
When using the Impero Portal as a communication profile and the Impero Portal as the Guest Access Method, the Guest module only displays the devices that the current user has permissions to connect to.
- Single path
Users who first log in to the Portal are displayed with a welcome screen that provides brief explanations, what options are available when using the Portal, and how you can easily start using the Connect suite.
- With time-based access, you can schedule and give IT personnel active role assignments only during work hours, or you can assign an active role assignment only during certain days of the week for only a couple of hours to an IT consultant or administrator to help ensure enhanced security in your network.
- The Confirm access allows a designated group of users to confirm remote control sessions and approve them before the session begins by responding to an automated email notification.
- See Portal users' online or offline status and create a filter based on their status from the Users page.
- The My devices list is automatically refreshed when a device is added or removed.
- A column that displays how long a device is online/offline, making this information easier to see at a glance.
- Users can reach their preferred devices easily by marking them as favorites. Users mark devices as favorites by clicking a star next to the device, either in “My devices” or “Devices”. The selected devices are moved to the top of the list, both in the Portal and in the Guest.
Most of the new features are released only for accounts that use the new Connection Manager.
Note that when making the switch any ongoing remote control sessions are terminated. The Impero Guest and Host will disconnect from the old Connection Manager and connect to the new Connection Manager.