Browser extensions are required on Windows devices to provide the following features in Impero Classroom.
- Internet Access – Teachers can disable internet access in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
- Website Lists – Teachers can enforce allow and block website lists in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
- Close Tab – Teachers can view open browser tabs lists and close open tabs in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
Browser extensions are available for the following browsers.
Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge (chromium)
Both browser extensions can be installed but only one can be controlled when both are open.
Instructions for mass deploying browser extensions to Windows devices can be found at the following link:
Impero Classroom - How do I install the Windows client?
Installation - Chrome (Web Store)
1. When using Chrome, click here to install the Chrome browser extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2. Click on Add to Chrome and Add extension.
3. Restart Chrome to finish Installation.
Installation - Edge (Web Store)
1. Open Edge and access the extensions menu.
2. Under Find new extensions click on the Chrome Web Store link and Allow extensions from other stores in the banner.
3. A dialog warning box may appear, Allow
4. click here to install the Edge browser extension from the Chrome Web Store (Listed as Backdrop Chrome).
Please sign in to leave a comment.