Release Notes - v5.0.87 - 3rd March 2023
- Thumbnail refresh rate set to 3 seconds - Improves performance and issues leading to device offline
Release Notes - v5.0.85 - 9th February 2023
- Close Application - Fixed issue where close application was not working
- Browser Controls - Fixed an issue where browser control can be lost impacting Close tab, Allow/Block list and disable internet
Release Notes - v5.0.80 - 25th January 2023
- New browser extension for Chrome/Edge - Resolved connectivity issues with the Windows client and the web browser improving Allow/Block lists, Disable Internet & View/Close Tabs.
- Pixelated Video - Resolved in Classroom single device view when viewing complex images and video.
- Allow/Block Lists - Fixed an issue where blocked websites didn't restore when blocks are removed.
- Improved Automatic Updater - The Windows client can now keep itself up to date. No need to do full-scale deployments with each release.
- Version Number - The installed client version is now displayed on the manual login window
Release Notes - v5.0.29 - 25th November 2022
- Updated video streaming in Classroom - Improves performance in single device view and fixes issues in transition when video can be lost
- Configuration preventing viewed word captures from triggering
- Send message not appearing on-top of other windows (New message display system)
- Performance issues on some devices related to slow keyboard inputs when using Wellbeing
- Multiple client applications starting on login
- Increased thumbnail image request interval to 2 seconds to improve reliability and stability
- Switch school has a better user experience and is now compatible with automatic logins
- Default school added to address switch school being used to disconnect from the platform
Release Notes - v4.4.86 - 1st August 2022
- Monitoring Watermark - Display a non-interactive message informing users on the device they can be monitored (Set during Installation, can be modified by editing a registry key)
- Display Login Form - Select if the manual login form will display automatically or if the user needs to launch it from the systray icon
Release Notes - v4.4.29 - 11th May 2022
- High-Resolution screens display correctly in Classroom view
- Retain appdata after automatic update
- Prevent multiple instances of BackdropClient.exe running
Release Notes - v4.4.0 - 4th April 2022
- Removes IoTHub connections
- Removes learners relay application
- Removes IoTHub certificates
- Improvements to integration with chrome browser extension
- Replaces broadcast screen functionality with new application
- Adds multiple monitor support on Classroom
Release Notes - v31198 - 28th October 2021
- Adds a small random wait on client recovery after IoTHub error
- Updates Wellbeing upload metadata to include viewed or written word
- Fixes certificate storage for Managed Profiles and Citrix Environments
- Windows 11 support
Release Notes - v30489 - 15th August 2021
- Removes error prompt at login
- Add device_session_id to telemetry
Release Notes - v30396 - 1st August 2021
- Impero Server Windows service has been removed.
- Impero.LoginMonitor check to see if Impero.client is running and starts it as logged in user if not.
- Moved settings, schoolcode and Client log files to AppData/Local and encrypts sensitive information.
- Improved stability to the installer.
Fixes bug with send message function blocking the lock screen function.
Adds heartbeat ping to IoTHub to prevent device unknown status on Backdrop.
Improves startup performance.
- Reduces the installer size.
- Reduces the size of the installed solution.
- Improves application performance.
- Enables Autoupdater functionality.
- Adds dynamic resolution update to
- Adds code signing to the installer.
- Adds ILDasm security.
- Adds runtime validation checks.
- Adds generic error message for startup sequence failures.
- Updates the branding (application icons and user interfaces).
- Updates the lock-screen colours to match the Page Blocked colours in the Chrome extension.
Release Notes - v2067 - 17th May 2021
- Fixes an issue with registering a school code during installation.
Release Notes - v2052 - 30th April 2021
- Impero Client now renamed to Backdrop Client in Windows add or remove programs.
- The “DeviceIdentification” folder is removed and is now C:\ProgramData\Impero.
- All log files are now located in C:\ProgramData\Impero.
- Reduces the telemetry frequency sent to back: drop to increase the performance of back: drop.
- Application and browser tab lists may take longer to appear.
- Upgrades the solution to use .NET Core 3.1.
- Add a menu item to the Impero icon in the system tray so that you can see who is currently logged into the client.
- Well: being now also triggers on viewed words as well as typed words.
- The Backdrop Client can now be installed in a location specified by the user and is no longer bound to C:\Impero.
- Upgrades to the system default to C:\Impero, this can be changed during installation.
- New installs default to C:\Program Files\Impero Software.
- Removes the Impero.SAS application.
- Reduces the frequency and improves the readability of the logging produced.
- Uses port 443 for IoTHub connections which should be unblocked by most broadband providers as 443 is a 'standard port'.
- Fixes a conditional bug where the Impero Client does not start on a Windows restart. (Checks to see the client is running once every XX seconds).
- Fixes a conditional bug where the Impero Client is not stating after applying group policy.
- Fixes live thumbnail not reloading after a Windows Unlock.
- Fixes live thumbnail not reloading after an Unlock screen from back: drop.
- Fixes Wellbeing retrigger policy.
- Fixes an issue where messages sent from back: drop appear behind other open windows.
- Fixes issues with the switch school feature sometimes getting stuck.
- Fixes issue with MSI when upgrading from 1.2.x
- Fixes an issue with the sign-in process when incorrect passwords are sent.
Release Notes - v1201 - 17th March 2021
· Improved debug logs to contain additional info.
· Improved resilience of Windows service.
Release Notes - v1200 - 10th March 2021
· Supports broadcast teacher screen from back:drop.
· Supports broadcast student screen from back:drop.
· Supports log out of Windows user from back:drop.
· Supports switching school codes when not using automatic login.
· Windows 7 Support.
· Double-click to install now supported.
· Updated UI on all login forms and School code registration form.
· Improved well:being trigger capabilities.
· Major fixes and improved stability to the installer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.