Template-driven Group and Policy management allows you to standardize Group settings using WebAdmin, Policy, and Category Templates. A WebAdmin Template contains Policies with their Categories, URL List entries and other settings. A WebAdmin Template also specifies a Policy Event (time duration), Deny Pages, Logging Mode, Client Thresholds, Group Language, Enforced Categories and IP Range Restrictions (when ‘Enabled Group Restrictions’ is applied).
When applying a Template, these items are copied over:
- Policies (Categories, Shared and Local Lists)
- Policy Events (time durations)
Items not copied over are:
- Managers (Accounts)
- Authentication Redirect Settings
Resetting a Group with a WebAdmin Template
The admin has created a WebAdmin Template called ‘School Template’. We will apply this template to the existing Groups.
1. In the Policy Management > Group Manager, click Grade_09 Group.
2. Click the Advanced tab and then the arrow beside ‘Reset based on WebAdmin Template’.
3. Select School_Template and click Submit.
4. The ‘Successfully reset the group’ message displays.
5. Repeat the procedure for the other Groups.
Creating a New Group from a WebAdmin Template
Once WebAdmin Templates are available, you can apply it when creating a Group.
Please sign in to leave a comment.