The Impero Server Browser tool allows users to be able to switch between Impero Servers if needed using the Windows Console.
If you are using a MacOS device, you can also you the Impero Server Browser tool, however, the steps are slightly different so please see this guide - Impero Server browser tool for MAC
Pre-Requisites to be able to use the Impero Server Browser Tool for Windows
- To be logged in as a local or domain admin.
- If you want to give others access to this feature you will need to give Write permissions to the ServerIPFixed.txt and serverlist.txt files in the following location - C:\Program Files (x86)\Impero Solutions Ltd\Impero Client\
Using the Impero Server Browser Tool for Windows
To access the Impero Server Browser Tool you will need to navigate to the following location - C:\Program Files (x86)\Impero Solutions Ltd\Impero Client\ and open the following file - ImperoServerBrowser.exe
*You can create a shortcut for this file if needed wherever you like for ease of access.
Once the ImperoServerBrowser tool is open you will see the following screen;
From here you can click into the File option and you have the following options;
1. New Server - This allows you to add a new server to the browser tool, you will need to give it a friendly name and the IP Address of the server, one these details have been filled out you will need to click the Add button. at this point, it will create the serverlist.txt file if it dont already exist.
Once you have added the servers you will see them appear in the tool with a Connect button, clicking this will cause the Impero Client to disconnect and reconnect to the new server if the server is not reachable it will automatically revert back to the previously connected server. To note this process may take a few minutes to complete.
2. Delete Selected Servers - This option allows you to delete a server in the list by simply selecting one of the servers and clicking File -> Deleted Selected Servers. this will then remove it from the tool.
3. Remove ServerIPFixed file - If you notice any issues whilst using this feature or getting undesired results you can delete the ServerIPFixed.txt file which will cause the Impero Client to automatically connect up to the first Impero Server it finds**
**The console will connect to the first Server it finds based on if any of the following has been set up (Excluding the ServerIPFixed section as we are deleting this file) - Impero client connectivity
Please sign in to leave a comment.