The Impero iOS client is an Apple approved mobile application available from the App Store.
Once installed and enrolled it provides students with the freedom to explore the internet while empowering teachers to monitor, guide and assist. The iOS client shares a live stream of the student's device with the teacher and allows them to perform the following actions.
The minimum system requirements for the client are:
- iOS version 11+
- 100MB Free Space
Installation - Single Device
1. Open the App Store on your device and search for “Impero Backdrop” or click here.
2. Select the “Impero Backdrop” app and click on the "Get" button or the on "Cloud" download button.
3. The client is downloaded and installed automatically. Once complete, click on “Open”.
4. The school registration process then starts and is displayed on the screen.
5. Enter the school ID for the school you wish to enroll the device with and click on Log In.
(The school code is a 6 character alphanumeric code and can be found on the Administration page of your Backdrop school).
6. The device is now enrolled in the school and displays the user login screen.
7. The app icon “Impero” is placed on the device after installation.
Installation - Multiple Devices (MDM Deployment)
1. Using an MDM’s application deployment system, search for “Impero Backdrop” under iOS apps and add it to the configuration assigned to the devices you would like to install the client on.
2. Create a managed config for the Impero application, which is a set of key values in the form of a property list. There are two keys that the app searches for.
the registration-code and homepage-URL should be replaced with the school ID and the website you would like to be the default homepage for the Impero app web browser, e.g.:
3. Deploy the MDM configuration that includes the client app and the mass enrollment file.
4. The client app is installed when devices next check in with the MDM.
5. On first launch the app automatically enrolls in the school and displays the user login screen. The app icon “Impero” is placed on the device after installation.