It is important to note that if a school wishes to utilise location services and time-based (schedule) services then these apps need to be downloaded and location services turned on for these benefits to be realized.The apps can either be pushed to the device from the dashboard (automatically or manually) or they can be downloaded from their respective app stores. The Apps also provide for push notifications and triggering of manual app installation (i.e. Android and non-VPP).
There are currently two apps, iOS and Android, which complement the dashboard functionality in the following ways:
- Access to the Safe Browser which opens the Home Page configured in the dashboard for a specific profile.
- The ability for the user to add bookmarks within the browser.
- Access to My Catalogue to view and download apps, books and media which has been sent via the web dashboard.
- The ability to Sync the device with the web dashboard to align any changes that may have been made.
- A view of the details in the About section which shows more technical information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.