The Android client is a Google approved mobile application available from the Google Play Store.
Once installed and enrolled it provides students with the freedom to explore the internet while empowering teachers to monitor, guide and assist. The Android client shares a live stream of the student's device with the teacher and allows them to perform the following actions.
The minimum system requirements for the client are:
- Android version 7+
- 100MB Free Space
Installation - Single Device (Play Store)
1. Open the Google Play Store on your device and search for “Impero Backdrop” or click here.
2. Select the “Impero Backdrop” app and click on the "Install" button.
3. The client is downloaded and installed automatically. Once complete, click on the “Open” button.
4. The school registration process then starts and is displayed on the screen.
5. Enter the school ID for the school you wish to enroll the device with and click on the "Next" button.
6. The device is now enrolled in the school and displays the user login screen.
7. The app icon “Impero” is placed on the device after installation.
Installation - Multiple Devices (MDM Deployment)
(The following steps are taken from the Miradore MDM solution, please refer to your MDM specific support documentation for help on how to apply these steps within your environment)
1. Create a generic text file in a text editor of your choice and on the first line, enter the 6-digit school code for your school and nothing more. Then save it as “school_code.txt”. Example text file below from TextEdit on macOS.
2. Add the file to the MDM configuration for deployment to the following location from root – impero/config.
3. Deploy the MDM configuration that includes the "school_code.txt" file.
4. Using an MDM’s application deployment system, search for “Impero” under Android apps and add it to the configuration assigned to the devices you would like to install the client on.
5. Deploy the MDM configuration that includes the client app.
6. The client app is installed when devices next verify in with the MDM.
7. On the first launch the app is automatically enrolled in the school and displays the user login screen.
The app icon “Impero” is placed on the device after installation.