Netop Vision for Chromebooks Teacher (Windows version) is available also as a Microsoft Installer package (MSI) for administrators to install it for multiple users or machines. These packages are recommended for customers who need to deploy the Teacher app on tens or hundreds of machines. The installer will only add the application only if it was never installed for the user currently logged into the machine.
If you want to manually install it on every device, please use the installers found this page.
What to consider:
- The Teacher app will be installed upon user login (if the user is already logged in while it is being deployed, a logout/login is required).
- On first login for the user, a shortcut will be added to the Desktop and Start Menu (depending on how fast the machine is, this might take a few minutes).
- The Teacher app will be installed in %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Every user on the device has their own version of the application.
- Automatic updates are downloaded and installed for each user separately.
- No need for maintenance — the Teacher app will keep itself up-to-date and secure.
- Uninstalling the MSI installer won't remove the Teacher app from user accounts.
Use the installer:
- Install the Microsoft Installer package.
Download it here. Check this article for how to deploy the MSI files using GPO.
- Sign out of your Windows user account.
- Sign back into your Windows user account.
The Teacher app icon will appear on the Desktop and Start Menu.