To create a Web Filter for Vision for Chromebooks, you will need to know the following:
- Username and password for the Vision Portal
- Websites you wish to use in the Web Filter
Follow the steps below to create a Web Filter
- Login to Vision Portal (if you are unsure of how to access the Vision Portal, please see this article)
- On the left, click 'Filter Web Lists' icon
- In the upper right, click the '+' button to start your first web filter
- In the 'New List' field type your Web Filter name ie Space Information (The on/off toggle to the left of the name turns the filter on or off while creating the list)
- In the 'Add a new link' field, type the website you wish to use (Leave off the http, https, and www. ie nasa.gov)
- Hit 'Enter' on your keyboard to add them to your Web Filter list
- Continuing adding websites as needed
- After last website entry, click 'Filter Web Lists' and start your new web filter
*You can access the https://vision.netop.com from anywhere you have an internet connection. You will need to know your credentials to sign in and create Web Filters.
To enable the web filters, do the following:
- Turn them on when creating the lists
- Open the Vision Teacher for Chromebooks application
- Select the vertical ellipsis in the upper right-hand corner
- Click 'Configure Filter Web'
Click on the On/Off toggles to select which filters you want on or off (ie: blue = on, grey = off)
Please sign in to leave a comment.