The 'White List Policy' allows you to set up resources that users will be permitted to access, even if they are blocked in another policy elsewhere.
- Select the group you wish to set the policy for, and open ‘Advanced Policies’ from the ‘Group’ toolbar.
- Click ‘Add’ in the top left corner of the window.
- In the 'Policy Name' field, enter a name for the policy you are about to create.
- Ensure the 'Whitelist Policy' is selected, and click on 'OK'.
- The policy name you entered will then appear in the list on the left-hand side of this window.
- Click on the policy name to select it.
- With your policy selected, click the 'Add' button that appears on the right-hand side of the window.
- This will open the 'Add/Edit Policy Item' window.
- There are a number of options that you can configure in this window:
 What would you like to whitelist?
Select the application type that you wish to whitelist from the predefined list of options.
 Specify what you would like to whitelist?
Specify the word/phrase that you wish to whitelist. In this example 'A Website Address/URL' is being whitelisted, and the specific website will be anything containing the word 'Impero'. You can use asterisks (*) to act as a wildcard.
You can create a list of keywords in advance to add to policy and import them from a text file.
Log Whitelist Item Activation
When this whitelist item is activated, an entry will be put into the LogViewer.
Take Screenshot on Activation
A screenshot will be taken of the user screen when the whitelist item is activated.
Alert Console Users of Activation
An alert will display on the screen of console users to notify them when a whitelist item has been activated.
- Once you have configured your policy, click on 'Add'.
- Your policy item will then be added to your newly created 'White List' policy.
- By default, your new policy is set to 'Disabled'.
- Use the 'Status' drop-down list in order to set your policy to 'Enabled'.
- You can also set the policy to 'Scheduled', which allows you to set specific times during which this policy will be active.
Please sign in to leave a comment.