The Windows client is a Windows service which runs a number of system and user processes.
Once installed and enrolled it provides students with the freedom to explore the internet while empowering teachers to monitor, guide and assist. The Windows client shares a live stream of the student's device with the teacher and allows them to perform the following actions.
- Send Message – Teachers can send a direct one way message to the device
- Launch Website – Teachers can open a web site on the device automatically
- Lock Screens – Teachers can lock the screen of the device
- Internet Access – Teachers can disable internet access in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
- Website Lists – Teachers can enforce allow and block website lists in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
- Close Tab – Teachers can view open browser tabs lists and close open tabs in browsers where Impero browser extensions are installed
The minimum system requirements for the client are:
- 2.0 GHz+ Single Core Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 5GB free disk space
- Windows 10 or Windows 8
Installation - Single Device
1. Extract “Windows Learners Client.zip” to a location
2. Create the folder C:\Impero and copy files contained within the “Windows Learners Client” folder in to it.
3. Extract all files in “browserextensionchrome.zip” to “C:\Impero\browserextensionchrome”
4. Open Chrome
5. Go to Chrome://extensions
6. Enable Developer mode
7. Click “Load Unpacked”
8. Navigate to “C:\Impero”
9. Click “Select Folder” and choose “browserextensionchrome”
10. Copy the extension ID
11. In com.imperosoftware.learners_messaging_host.json replace the “allowed_origins” "chrome-extension://amehldkpmkmomaiamjmdealdkadfdfla/" with “"chrome-extension://XXXXX /" where X is your extension ID
12. Save the file
13. Run Install.bat as Administrator
14. The school registration screen will then appear. Enter your school code and click Next
15. When Log in window appears enter a valid username & password and click Log In.