Impero Connect OnDemand for macOS
Apple introduced new security controls and policies to provide a better and secure environment for applications and users with the release of macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and improved by its new major release macOS 10.15 (Catalina). Applications now request permissions from the user only when they need access to certain parts of the system. The user must grant these permissions in the Security & Privacy pane, Privacy tab.
These permissions require to be set only once.
- Screen Recording (applies for macOS 10.15 and above)
- Accessibility (applies for macOS 10.14 and above)
Without these permissions, the Impero Agent Desktop functionality can be restricted to:
- Viewing the desktop background, but no other applications
- Not being able to control the keyboard and mouse remotely
- The Accessibility permission grants the Impero Connect OnDemand access to the mouse and keyboard for the Remote Control Session.
- The Screen Recording permission allows the Impero Connect OnDemand to capture the contents of your screen and lets you run a Remote Control Session.
To facilitate and offer a better user experience, after you successfully install the Impero Connect OnDemand, you are prompted to grant the necessary permissions at the click of a button. You are also prompted after you start or restart the Impero Connect OnDemand application if the permissions are not granted.
NOTE: Impero Connect OnDemand only prompts you for the unset permissions.
To grant the permissions, simply click on the respective permission button, and you are redirected to the specific permission tab in the Security & Privacy window, Privacy tab.
In the case that the Impero Connect OnDemand does not prompt you for the necessary permissions, below you find the necessary steps to manually do so.
To grant the Screen Recording permission, proceed as follows:
1.Click on the Grant permission button.
2.Open System Preferences when the Screen Recording dialog appears on the screen.
3.Click on the lock to make changes.
4.Select the ImperoAgentDesktop checkbox to grant the Screen Recording permission.
5.ImperoAgentDesktop requires to quit and reopen to use the permission. Click on the Quit & Reopen button to restart the application.
6.Click on Next.
To grant the Accessibility permission, proceed as follows:
1. Click on the Grant permission button.
2. Open System Preferences when the Accessibility dialog appears on the screen.
3. Click on the lock to make changes.
4. Select the ImperoAgentDesktop checkbox to grant the Accessibility permission.
5. Click on Next.