To save valuable lesson time you can choose to log on all student computers needed to teach a specific class. This could be relevant for a class of young students who have trouble remembering user names and passwords or for an older class who would need a particular account with specific restrictions for an online exam.
- On the Administration tab, in the Students group, click Log On.
- In the Log Student Computers on to Windows dialog box, type a user name and a password and click OK.
If you only want to log on to particular student computers, select the corresponding computer thumbnails before you click Log on.
Prerequisites for Log On to work
- The student computers must be turned on and display the Control + Alt + Delete logonscreenfor Log On to work; otherwise, the Log On will be ignored in the Teacher computer.
- If student computers are not turned on and the computers support the Wake-On-LAN standard, they could be turned on with Wake-Up before Log On is used.
- If there are active sessions on student computers, you should use Vision's Log Off and advise students to save any unsaved work.
- If student computers have been locked with Block Input or if another user is logged on, the Log On command will be ignored.
- You can use any valid user name and password to log on to student computers.
- The account can be a local account or a domain account; if a domain account is used the domain name must be given as part of the user name, for example mydomain\susanp