The 'Run Website/File' feature allows you to quickly open a website, program or file on one or more computers at once. You are also able to configure global and personal 'favourites' that are available to use repeatedly.
- In the Console, select the users that you wish to run a website or file for.
- Select the 'Action' toolbar and click on 'Run Website/File'.
- A new window will open, with the 'File' tab selected.
- You can open an application by typing the name of the file that you wish to run (i.e. notepad.exe, wordpad.exe, photoshop.exe).
- Alternatively, click on the ‘…’ button to browse to a specific file that you wish to run on the selected computers.
- Click the 'Run' button in order to launch your specified application or file on selected computers.
- You can click the 'Add to Favourites' button to add your application or file to the 'Favourites' section on the right-hand side, saving it for repeated use.
- When saving a favourite, you will be prompted to give it a name.
- It will then be added under your 'Personal' favourites on the right-hand side.
- You will then be able to click on the favourite name to launch that application in future.
- In order to remove a favourite, right-click on it and select 'Remove'.
The same feature can be used to open a specified website for selected users:
Click on the 'Website' tab.
Type in the address of the website that you wish to run, ensuring you add the 'www.' prefix.
Using the drop-down list you are then able to specify which browser you wish to use to launch the website in.
- Click on 'Launch' to open the selected browser to the specified web address on selected computers.
- You can also select 'Add to Favourites' here to save the web address as a personal favourite.