The 'File Search' tool is accessed through the 'Admin' Toolbar and allows you to search for files on the remote computer(s).
- Select the computer(s) that you wish to search on by checking the tick box to the left of each required computer in the Computer List.
- Click on the 'File Search' button in the 'Admin' toolbar.
- In the 'Find File' window, you can then enter the criteria for the search that you wish to carry out in the 'Search Criteria' field.
Note: You can add wildcards to the search if you do not know the exact filename by adding an asterisk (*).
- Under the 'Search Criteria' field, there are a number of actions you can perform on the resultant file(s):
This will simply return the result(s) in the right-hand panel and leave the file alone.
This will return the result(s) and delete any files that meet the search criteria.
Rename to .bak
This returns the result(s) and renames any resultant files to have a .bak file extension.
Enter the path to which you wish to copy any resulting file(s). The result(s) will display and the file copied to that location.
Enter the path to which you wish to move any resulting file(s). The result(s) will display and the file moved to that location.
- Once you have created your search criteria, click on the 'Begin Search' button.
- The results will then begin to display in the panel on the right-hand side.
Note: The search may take a short while if your criteria needs to search through a large number of files.
- You will see a list of the computers you searched upon with a ‘+’ icon to the left of the computer name.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to view a list of any files that were found on that computer.
- You can then tick any of the found files and right-click on them in order to perform any action on the file after the search has completed.