Web filter reporting is a powerful tool that allows you to view and analyse log data taken from Edlink’s built in web filter.
You can generate reports that cover all web traffic for the entire organisation right down to an individual user or device and look at what was blocked or allowed and when.
Once you have created the report that meets you needs, you can quickly export it in a number of formats or save it as a template.
Enabling the Edlink Web Filter
Before you can use web filter reporting, you must first enable the web filter within your Edlink profile.
Once enabled, you will start to generate log data from devices that have applied profiles with the web filter enabled.
After enabling the web filter, additional options appear allowing you to select what online content you wish the web filter to block. Blocked items will be flagged in the reports.
Accessing the Web Filter Reports
- Login to the Edlink dashboard
- Select Reports->Webfilter Reports
Generating a Report
- Click Filter in the top right corner of the interface
- Select from the filter options below (multiple filters can be applied to a report)
Last Accessed – time frame for the report (a time must always be selected)
Devices – which devices to include in the report
Classes – which classes to include in the report
Status – include allow, blocked or all sites in the report
Type – specify matched categories and/or searches in the report
3. Click Apply
Saving a Report
- Create your report
- Enter a name for your report by selecting the filter name field below the Advanced filter menu title
- Click Save to add this report to the saved filters list for use at a later date
Exporting a Report
- Create your report or load one using a saved filter
- Click Export as
- Select from the following file types
4. The exported report will be then downloaded to your browsers default download directory