The Android client is a Google approved mobile application available from the Google Play Store.
Once installed and enrolled it provides students with the freedom to explore the internet while empowering teachers to monitor, guide and assist. The Android client shares a live stream of the student's device with the teacher and allows them to perform the following actions.
- Send Message – Teachers can send a direct one way message to the device
- Launch Website – Teachers can open a web site on the device automatically
- Lock Screens – Teachers can lock the screen of the app
- Internet Access – Teachers can disable internet access inside the app
- Website Lists – Teachers can enforce allow and block website lists
- Close Tab – Teachers can view open browser tabs lists and close open tabs
The minimum system requirements for the client are:
- Android version 7+
- 100MB Free Space
Installation - Single Device (Play Store)
1. Open the Google Play Store on your device and search for “Impero”
2. Select the “Impero” app and press "Install"
3. The client will be downloaded and installed automatically. Once complete, press “Open”
4. The school registration process will then be started and displayed on screen.
5. Enter the school ID for the school you wish to enrol the device with and press Log In. To find your school ID, click "Administration" in the sidebar.
6. The device will now be enrolled in the school and display the user login screen.
7. The app icon “Impero” will be placed on the device after installation.
Installation - Multiple Devices (MDM Deployment)
1. Create a generic text file in a text editor of your choice (File must NOT be in .rtf format, must be a generic .txt format) and on the first line, enter the 6-digit school code for your school and nothing more. Then save it as “school_code”.
2. Add the file to the MDM configuration for deployment to the following location from root – Impero/config
4. Deploy the MDM configuration that includes the mass enrolment file.
5. Using an MDM’s application deployment system, search for “Impero” under Android apps and add it to the configuration assigned to the devices you would like to install the client on.
6. Deploy the MDM configuration that includes the client app.
7. The client app will be installed when devices next check in with the MDM.
8. On first launch the app will automatically enrol in the school and display the user login screen.
The app icon “Impero” will be placed on the device after installation.