The Android client is a Google approved mobile application available from the Google Play Store.
Once installed and enrolled it provides students with the freedom to explore the internet while empowering teachers to monitor, guide and assist. The Android client shares a live stream of the student's device with the teacher and allows them to perform the following actions.
The minimum system requirements for the client are:
- Android version 7+
- 100MB Free Space
Installation - Single Device (Play Store)
1. Open the Google Play Store on your device and search for “Impero Backdrop” or click here.
2. Select the “Impero Backdrop” app and click on the "Install" button.
3. The client is downloaded and installed automatically. Once complete, click on the “Open” button.
4. The school registration process then starts and is displayed on the screen.
5. Enter the school code for the school you wish to enroll the device with and click on the "Next" button.
(The school code is a 6 character alphanumeric code and can be found on the Administration page of your Backdrop school).
6. The device is now enrolled in the school and displays the user login screen.
7. The app icon “Impero” is placed on the device after installation.
Installation - Multiple Devices (MDM Deployment)
(The following steps are taken from the Miradore MDM solution, please refer to your MDM specific support documentation for help on how to apply these steps within your environment)
1. Search for and add the Impero Backdrop app for Android to your app deployment configuration.
2. The Android app supports managed configuration which can be used to set the school code and the default home page of the web browser.
3. Enter the following to your managed configuration
Key - SCHOOL_CODE
Type - String
Value - ABC123 (where ABC123 is your assigned school code)
Key - home
Type - String
4. Once you are happy with your configuration you can deploy the app out to your devices.
5. On the first launch the app is automatically enrolled in the school and displays the user login screen.
The app icon “Impero” is placed on the device after installation.