The ChromeOS client is a Google approved browser extension available from the Google Web Store.
Once installed and enrolled it provides students with the freedom to explore the internet while empowering teachers to monitor, guide and assist. The ChromeOS client shares a live stream of the student's device with the teacher and allows them to perform the following actions.
- Send Message – Teachers can send a direct one way message to the device
- Launch Website – Teachers can open a web site on the device automatically
- Lock Screens – Teachers can lock the screen of the device
- Internet Access – Teachers can disable internet access of the device
- Website Lists – Teachers can enforce allow and block website lists
- Close Tab – Teachers can view open browser tabs lists and close open tabs
- Google Meets - Teachers can launch a Google Meets sessions for the class or selected members (Teacher must be signed in with a Google account)
- Broadcast Screen - Teachers can broadcast their screen to the class or selected members. They can also broadcast a student screen to the other class members.
The minimum system requirements for the client are:
- ChromeOS version 66+
- 100MB Free Space
Installation - Single Device (Web Store)
1. click here to install the ChromeOS client from the Chrome Web Store and select "Add To Chrome".
3. You are asked to confirm the installation by clicking "Add extension". The extension is downloaded and installed automatically.
4. The school registration process then starts and displayed on screen.
5. Enter the school ID for the school you wish to enroll the device with and press Log In.
6. The device is now enrolled in the school and display the user login screen.
If you cancel the registration process it can be access again at anytime from the extension icon in Chrome.
Installation - Multiple Devices (Google Admin Console)
1) Login to the Google admin console with an account with the following privileges.
Can force install extensions.
Can force install bookmarks.
Can perform the above actions on the OU’s containing the clients intended users.
2) Open the main menu and select Devices->Chrome.
3) Select user and browser settings from chrome management.
4) Select the correct OU from the list.
5) Add a search filter for “bookmarks” under user & browser settings.
6) Click on the Add button to create the managed bookmark.
7) Enter the Link name as “Impero” and the URL “http://imperosoftware.com/?school_code=xxyyzz”. You can change the website to any address you like providing after the "?" the format remains as shown above, such as
8) Replace xxyyzz with the school ID and click save.
9) Add a search filter for “extension” under user & browser settings.
10) Click on the apps and extensions page link.
11) Click on the plus (+) symbol and the add chrome app or extension by ID button.
12) Enter the follow ID: jjpmjccpemllnmgiaojaocgnakpmfgjg and click on Save.
13) Enable the client by selecting force install and then click on Save.