The ChromeOS client is a Google approved browser extension available from the Google Web Store.
Once installed and enrolled it provides students with the freedom to explore the internet while empowering teachers to monitor, guide and assist.
The minimum system requirements for the client are:
- ChromeOS version 66+
- 100MB Free Space
Installation - Single Device (Web Store)
1. click here to the ChromeOS client from the Chrome Web Store and select "Add To Chrome".
3. You are asked to confirm the installation by clicking on "Add extension". The extension is downloaded and installed automatically.
4. The school registration process will then be started and displayed on screen.
5. Enter the school ID for the school you wish to enroll the device with and press Log In.
6. The device now enrolls in the school and displays the user login screen.
If you cancel the registration process it can be access again at anytime from the extension icon in Chrome.
Installation - Multiple Devices (Google Admin Console)
1) Login to the Google admin console with an account with the following privileges.
Can force install extensions.
Can force install bookmarks.
Can perform the above actions on the OU’s containing the clients intended users.
2) Open the main menu and select Devices->Chrome.
3) Select user and browser settings from chrome management.
4) Select the correct OU from the list.
5) Add a search filter for “extension” under user & browser settings.
6) Click the apps and extensions page link
7) Click plus (+) symbol and the add chrome app or extension by ID button
8) Enter the follow ID: jjpmjccpemllnmgiaojaocgnakpmfgjg and click save.
9) Enable the client by selecting force install and then click save
10) From the apps & extensions menu select settings
11) Add a search filter for “bookmark” under user & browser settings.
12) Click the add button to create the managed bookmark.
13) Enter the Link name as “Impero” and the URL “http://imperosoftware.com/?school_code=xxyyzz”.
14) Replace xxyyzz with the school ID and click save.