Google Classroom Integration allows users to import courses they have created in Google Classroom and use them as teaching groups in Impero class:room. A user with Google Classroom admin rights can setup the import on behalf of all users in the school. Once setup, we perform daily imports from Google Classroom.
Students in Google Classroom must already be present in Impero class:room.
Student automatic login identifiers must match the account used for Google Classroom.
The user group permission “View children in own class(es)” allows a staff member to only view Google Classroom groups containing students they have access to.
The user group permission “View all children” allows a staff member view all Google Classroom groups.
Google Classroom Integration is supported by all device clients, providing automatic login identifiers have been added to the student and are supported.
How to setup Google Classroom Integration
1. Sign into Impero class:room
2. Select “Administration” and then click “Admin Consent” under Google Classroom from the sub menu.
3. A sign in with Google page may appear if you have more than one Google account saved in your browser. Select the Google account that has admin level rights in your Google Classroom.
4. Until our web application is verified by Google, you may encounter the following warning. Please click “Continue”
5. You will then be asked to accept 3 permissions to allow Google Classroom to sync with Impero class:room. You must accept all 3 permissions.
6. You will be asked to confirm your choices by selecting “Allow”
7. You will then be shown the authentication completed screen. This reminds users it can take up to 24hrs for Google Classroom courses to import through as classes in Impero class:room
8. Once the import is completed you can find your new groups listed under “Teaching Groups”