Release Notes - v30396 - 1 August 2021
- Impero Server Windows service has been removed.
- Impero.LoginMonitor check to see if Impero.client is running and starts it as logged in user if not.
- Moved settings, schoolcode and Client log files to AppData/Local and encrypts sensitive information.
- Improved stability to the installer.
Fixes bug with send message function blocking the lock screen function.
Adds heartbeat ping to IoTHub to prevent device unknown status on Backdrop.
Improves startup performance.
- Reduces the installer size.
- Reduces the size of the installed solution.
- Improves application performance.
- Enables Autoupdater functionality.
- Adds dynamic resolution update to
- Adds code signing to the installer.
- Adds ILDasm security.
- Adds runtime validation checks.
- Adds generic error message for startup sequence failures.
- Updates the branding (application icons and user interfaces).
- Updates the lock-screen colours to match the Page Blocked colours in the Chrome extension.
Release Notes - v2067 - 17th May 2021
- Fixes an issue with registering a school code during installation.
Release Notes - v2052 - 30th April 2021
- Impero Client now renamed to Backdrop Client in Windows add or remove programs.
- The “DeviceIdentification” folder is removed and is now C:\ProgramData\Impero.
- All log files are now located in C:\ProgramData\Impero.
- Reduces the telemetry frequency sent to back: drop to increase the performance of back: drop.
- Application and browser tab lists may take longer to appear.
- Upgrades the solution to use .NET Core 3.1.
- Add a menu item to the Impero icon in the system tray so that you can see who is currently logged into the client.
- Well: being now also triggers on viewed words as well as typed words.
- The Backdrop Client can now be installed in a location specified by the user and is no longer bound to C:\Impero.
- Upgrades to the system default to C:\Impero, this can be changed during installation.
- New installs default to C:\Program Files\Impero Software.
- Removes the Impero.SAS application.
- Reduces the frequency and improves the readability of the logging produced.
- Uses port 443 for IoTHub connections which should be unblocked by most broadband providers as 443 is a 'standard port'.
- Fixes a conditional bug where the Impero Client does not start on a Windows restart. (Checks to see the client is running once every XX seconds).
- Fixes a conditional bug where the Impero Client is not stating after applying group policy.
- Fixes live thumbnail not reloading after a Windows Unlock.
- Fixes live thumbnail not reloading after an Unlock screen from back: drop.
- Fixes Wellbeing retrigger policy.
- Fixes an issue where messages sent from back: drop appear behind other open windows.
- Fixes issues with the switch school feature sometimes getting stuck.
- Fixes issue with MSI when upgrading from 1.2.x
- Fixes an issue with the sign-in process when incorrect passwords are sent.
Release Notes - v1201 - 17th March 2021
· Improved debug logs to contain additional info.
· Improved resilience of Windows service.
Release Notes - v1200 - 10th March 2021
· Supports broadcast teacher screen from back:drop.
· Supports broadcast student screen from back:drop.
· Supports log out of Windows user from back:drop.
· Supports switching school codes when not using automatic login.
· Windows 7 Support.
· Double-click to install now supported.
· Updated UI on all login forms and School code registration form.
· Improved well:being trigger capabilities.
· Major fixes and improved stability to the installer.