Windows 64bit operating system do not ship with CAPICOM. However Netop Pack'n Deploy uses CAPICOM to be able to sign the Host package with a certificate. So in order to be able to do so on these operating systems you need to install and register CAPICOM.
Here is what you need to do:
- Download CAPICOM from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25281
- Run the msi to install CAPICOM
- Register capicom.dll
- Launch an administrative command prompt and type the following
- cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft CAPICOM 22.214.171.124 SDK\Lib\X86”
- Copy capicom.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
- C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\SysWOW64\capicom.dll
How to install the certificate for signing the NOD Host:
- Copy the certificate file to your computer.
- Run Microsoft Management Console, mmc.exe.
- From the File menu, select Add/Remove Snap-In.
- Add the Certificates snap in, using the following options:
- Select "Computer account" as the account to be managed.
- Select "Local computer" as the computer to be managed.
- In the left pane of the MMC, expand Certificates > Intermediate Certification Authorities > Certificates.
- Right click Certificates and select All Tasks > Import.
- In the Certificate Import wizard, specify the path to the cert file, and complete the wizard to install the certificate.
You are now good to go signing the NOD Host from within the Netop OnDemand Pack'n Deploy application.
Alternative to CAPICOM:
If for some reason it is no option for you to install CAPICOM the free stand-alone tool kSign is available from here:
Using kSign you cannot sign the Netop OnDemand Host from within Netop OnDemand Pack'n Deploy. You need to follow the instructions from ksoftware to sign the packed Host.